Air Conditioner Replacement
Feel Comfortable in Your Own Skin. And Your Own Home.
If it’s time to replace your air conditioner, it’s important to research your options. Don’t just purchase the first AC unit you come across! What efficiency, size, and type will you choose? Are there any energy efficiency laws you need to consider? Who will you hire for the installation? Let nokpkdv.ru® guide you through the air conditioner buying process.
To Repair or To Replace? That Is the Question!
Replacing an AC unit could be one of the largest investments you’ll make as a homeowner. You want to make sure it’s the right time to upgrade.
Consider these factors when making the decision to repair or replace:
What to Consider When Choosing a New AC System
So you’ve made the decision to purchase a new AC. How do you choose the right unit?
Here are a few factors that could influence your decision:
- Geographic location – Humidity, average temperature, and overall climate affect the size, type, and economic value of the efficiency you choose. For example, investing in a more expensive, higher-efficiency model is economical for a Florida resident but might not be for a Minnesota resident.
- Existing system – Homes with radiant or baseboard heating may not have ductwork. To avoid expensive installation costs, one-room units or ductless mini-splits are the best options. This goes for older homes as well, which likely don’t have ductwork.
Different Types of A/C Systems
Many types of A/C systems are available:
- Split system and package ACs are your standard central air conditioners.
- Ductless mini-splits are perfect for cooling homes without ductwork.
- Portable, window, and wall units are designed to cool one room in your home.
- Evaporative coolers, also known as swamp coolers, remove heat using evaporation and work most effectively in dry climates.